AGRM Statment of Faith
The AGRM bylaws state that subscription and adherence to the following statement of faith is a prerequisite for membership.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
- We believe that individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling him or her to live a godly life of obedience as he or she reaches for maturity.
- We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, the church.
Our purpose is to continue the work of Jesus Christ through evangelizing, discipling, and serving the spiritual and physical needs of the disadvantaged. We provide emergency subsistence and rehabilitation programs for men, women and families, including skills training for the inner-city poor. We also strive to inform and involve the public in caring for the poverty-stricken, with the ultimate goal being the restoration of the whole person.
Our Core Values
- To glorify God
- To practice integrity
- To serve others before self
- To practice loyalty
- To strive for quality and excellence
The Merced County Rescue Mission
- Begins with Faith
- Centers of Hope
- Serves with Love
Homeless and needy people being fed, housed, and transformed through the power of Jesus Christ in Merced County.
Providing hope and serving homeless and needy people of Merced County.
Our Strategic Anchors
Our Strategic Anchors are the vehicle or programs through which we accomplish our mission. These include our: New Life Transformation Program for both men and women (Hope for Men, Hope for Women), Outreach and Guest Services Program, Hope for Families, Hope Medical Respite Care (HMRC), Transition to Hope, Addiction Clinic (Out-Patient) and Emergency Assistance.
Our goals are the mileposts that move us towards accomplishing our vision.